Barclays Tertiary Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Ghanaian Students 2017/2018
As part of Barclays Bank Ghana’s Shared Growth programme, University of Professional Studies invites applications from students under the Barclays Tertiary Education Scholarship.
Application Deadline: Friday, 22nd September, 2017.
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To Be Taken At (Country): Ghana
About the Award: This is a collaborative effort between Barclays Bank Ghana and the University and it is to further support Barclays Bank’s commitment to unlocking societal challenges whiles contributing to the economic growth of the country.
Education and Skills Development forms one of the three pillars of their Shared Growth agenda; under which is their Readytowork skills training for young persons in tertiary institutions and the Tertiary Education Scholarship.
- Must be Ghanaian
- Must be a continuing student of UPSA (Level 200 – 400)
- Must have excellent academic record – a GPA of 3.0 and above
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need
- Must add a statement of intent. (Essay)
- Must fill an application form.
- Must provide two referees, one from your Faculty
- Student beneficiaries will need to open a Barclays Ignition Account (Student Account) into which funds will be disbursed.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Program: Tenure of scholarship for beneficiary student is for one academic year renewable. Selection for the next academic year scholarship however is not an automatic guarantee.
How to Apply: Download form, print and submit a completed application form with all supporting documents to the Financial Aid Unit (FAU), Room 108, LBC. Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Award Providers: Barclays Bank