Georg Arnhold Visiting Research Professorship in Education for Sustainable Peace 2018/2019
The Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research. Member of the Leibniz Association is pleased to announce the Call for Applications for the 2018/2019 Georg Arnhold Visiting Research Professorship in Education for Sustainable Peace.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Braunschweig, Germany
About the Award: The appointment, for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig, offers distinguished scholars from a variety of disciplines the opportunity to conduct research projects or to complete major publications without teaching or administrative obligations. The visiting professor participates in a one-week International Summer School for young scholars and develops the concept for the international Arnhold Symposium to be held at the end of his or her stay.
The fellowship aims to promote education for sustainable peace with a particular focus on educational media and curricula at secondary school level in post-conflict or transitional societies. In addition to this, its principal objectives are to support international scholarly communication and translate research findings into practical recommendations for those active in conflict resolution, thereby contributing to civil society capacity-building.
Type: Fellowship, Research
- Distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law who hold a Ph.D. and have excellent knowledge of English may apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic or professional achievement in their fields and ideally combine scholarly excellence and contact with hands-on practice and grassroots work.
- Individuals with extensive high-level international experience in government or non-governmental organizations or in international organizations may also apply.
In exceptional cases, the Georg Eckert Institute will consider applications from practitioners who do not hold a Ph.D. but who have at least five years of advanced professional experience in the area of peace education and who can demonstrate that their work and/or research projects have made an outstanding impact in the field of peace education.
Selection Criteria: The principal criteria for the committee’s decision will be the candidates’ academic reputation and the quality of the project they plan to pursue during their stay in Braunschweig. In order to gain a clear idea of shortlisted candidates’ ability to disseminate, communicate and achieve the objectives of their projects, the selection committee will invite a number of candidates to an online interviewat the annual board meeting, which will take place in spring 2018. This meeting will subsequently select the successful candidate.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A monthly stipend of up to 6,500 euro for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig,
- Round-trip economy airfare to Germany, and
- Administrative support provided by the program coordinators.
Candidates are responsible for obtaining a passport and any visa that might be required as well as for arranging healthcare insurance for the duration of their stay in Germany.
Duration of Program: 3-6 months
How to Apply: The application must include:
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages)
- A description of candidate’s research project or book
- CV and sample of the candidate’s writing
- A completed application form
It is important to go through the application procedure on the Program Webpage before applying.
Award Providers: Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research.