Call for Applications: Promotion of Think Thank Work on Migration and Socio-Economic Challenges in Morocco (Funded) 2017
As part of its project on promoting think tank work in the Middle East and North Africa, including Morocco, the DGAP’s MENA Program aims to strengthen the scholarly and technical capacities of both regional and EU civil society actors who are engaged in research as well as policy analysis and advice.
Application Deadline: 10th September 2017
Eligible Countries: Countries in the MENA Region and Europe
To Be Taken At (Country): Berlin, Germany and Rabat, Morocco
About the Award: The thematic focus lies on migration and socio-economic challenges in Morocco. This can include, but is not limited to, questions regarding the integration of the informal economic sector, reforms of the education system, Morocco’s challenges as a sending as well as a receiving country of migrants, as well as links between smuggling, human trafficking, and terrorist networks.
The project’s objectives are:
- to analyze pressing issues and developments in selected countries and the region as a whole;
- to provide training to develop new as well as to enhance existing policy analysis and advice capacities;
- to network with peers, political decision-makers, and senior experts to exchange experiences and increase visibility and credibility.
Type: Call for Papers, Workshop
- The main target group are mid-level professionals from Morocco and Europe who work in the field of policy analysis and advice in think tanks, academic research institutions, or comparable organizations.
- Applicants must have a background that is relevant to the topic and should demonstrate in their application how participating would benefit their professional activities.
- The working language is English. Participation in both workshops and submission of a final paper are mandatory.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The organizers cover accommodation and provide for travel subsidies based on participants’ country of residence.
- Berlin workshop: participants travelling from Morocco may receive a subsidy of up to € 500, participants travelling from the EU one of up to € 200.
- Rabat workshop: participants residing in Morocco are eligible for a subsidy of up to € 50, participants travelling from the EU for a subsidy of up to € 500.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed separately after each workshop.
Duration of Program:
Workshop in Berlin: December 7–December 10, 2017
- Two days of topic analysis and discussion with external experts and presentation of first drafts
- Two days of training on policy-paper writing and research
Workshop in Rabat: March 15–March 18, 2018
- Presentation of final papers to the group and relevant decision-makers
- Two days of training on policy advocacy and communication
How to Apply: Applications must include:
- completed application form
- CV (max. three pages)
- letter of motivation
Please send your application to email@example.com. An application form is available for download below this entry. Kindly note that only complete applications in English can be considered.
Award Providers: The project is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and the Robert Bosch Stiftung.