Transparency International Internship Program in Policy for Young Africans 2018 – Kenya
TI-Kenya seeks to recruit an intern in Intern- Policy, Legal & Institutional Frameworks to strengthen the operations of the programme.
Application Deadline: 30th August 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Nairobi, Kenya
About the Award: Transparency International-Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
The Policy, Legal and Institutional Frameworks programme seeks to contribute to the existence of a conducive operating environment for effective public accountability. The programme’s overall objective is ‘to support the existence and enforcement of appropriate policy, legal and institutional frameworks through influencing, coalition building, and capacity development’. It seeks to address challenges in the operationalisation of the Constitution of Kenya, various anti-corruption laws and policies and capacity gaps within institutions charged with the fight against corruption.
• A degree in Law from a recognized University.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Knowledge of Kenya’s governance systems, institutions and their decision making procedures;
• Demonstrated ability to productively interact with different stakeholders and citizens to advance
• Organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and consistently produce high standard work.
• Proficiency in using Ms Office applications
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate several tasks to meet deadlines
• Understanding of data entry
• Good knowledge of TI-Kenya and the environment in which it operates;
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Programme: 3 Months with possible extension to a further 3 months
How to Apply:
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to [email protected] by close of business, 30th August 2018.
- Please include the reference Intern- Policy, Legal & Institutional Frameworks as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Award Providers: Transparency International