Peace Revolution African Youth Amani Fellowship for Young Africans 2017
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work? Do you feel uncomfortable with the threats to peace and security in Africa? Would you like to learn how to develop your own Inner Peace in order to advocate effectively for Peace?
Application Deadline: 4th September, 2017.
Eligible Countries: African countries. See list below
To Be Taken At (Country): Thailand
About the Award: Peace Revolution once again, offers you the opportunity to cultivate Sustainable Peace based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out. In cognizance of the special need to develop young peace activists who can respond to the needs of the continent, Peace Revolution will once again host in Thailand an exclusive fellowship for Africans.
The fellowship offers a 2 weeks intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. In addition to the intense meditation practice, participants will gain knowledge of various theoretical approaches that include:
- Conflict resolution and the role of the basic human self-discipline
- The role of our habits in our daily life
- The factors that determine our perception to think, act and speak; relation between body and mind
- Leadership: Eight pillars for a stable peaceful society
Eligibility: Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-32 years old otherwise really outstanding.
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Africa.
- Candidates should be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 42 days of the online self-development program by October 30th, 2017. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program and if you had completed the program more than 12 months to the retreat, you will need to restart.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 Special Ops, which is
- 1 OFFLINE (with 20 or more participants) OR
- 1 ONLINE (with 10 or more participants) OR 1 Mini PIPO.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations or institutions.
Selection: After completing the 42 days self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you by ourselves.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free meditation retreat fee
Duration of Program: 42 days self-development program + 2 weeks fellowship
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply online via given website.
Award Providers: Peace Revolution