Apply to be an AU Youth Volunteer for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) (Fully-funded) 2018
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017 at Midnight GMT+3
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens.
The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Type: Short Courses/Training
Eligibility: Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years;
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4. Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and its partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training. On deployment, African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
1. Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
2. A modest monthly stipend
3. Health insurance cover
4. Separation allowance upon successful completion of twelve months service
Duration of Program: 12 months. Key Dates include:
1. 1st August – eligibility Check;
2. 14th August: Successful applicants will be notified;
3. September 2017: Pre-deployment training;
4. 2018: Deployment of trained volunteers.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply online only here
It is necessary to go through the Application Process in the Program Webpage (link below) before applying.
Award Providers: African Union Commission/ Youth Division (HRST)
Important Notes: Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
3. Candidates who had applied in previous years are and still meet the eligibility
criteria are encourage to re-apply