Makerere University NERLP Post-Doctoral Research Grant 2017
Makerere University is now pleased to invite applications from eligible University staff for post-doctoral fellowships through the Nurturing Emerging Research Leaders Through Post-Doctoral Training At Makerere University (NERLP)
Application Deadline: 7th July 2017 5:00pm East African Standard Time.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: The Carnegie Corporation of New York has been one of the big supporters for research at Makerere University, leading to the development of a critical mass of staff graduating with PhDs. There is need to nurture these graduates by providing research funds to train them at Postdoc level so as to enhance their research productivity and create a community of scholars with the potential to become leaders in their fields.
This will improve the quality of supervision, publication scholarship and contribute to the strategic direction of Makerere as a research led university. Makerere University received a 2-year grant aimed at ,“Nurturing Emerging Research Leaders through Post-Doctoral Training at Makerere University”, This grant focuses on enhancing the research capacity of Makerere University staff by supporting 15 postdoctoral research projects tenable at Makerere University.
It is a requirement for each post-doctoral team to have (a) Principal Investigator (PI), who applies for the grant; (b) a co-investigator, (c) a mentor (a senior researcher in the applicant’s field of specialty who has demonstrated research leadership in form of research output and publication) and (d) a Master student in the 2nd year of study. The successful post-doctoral fellows shall be expected to complete their research project(s) within 24 months from the time of award.
Type: Post-Doctoral, Research
1) The Carnegie Corporation-supported PhD graduates in any discipline
2) Evidence of Full-time employment at Makerere University
3) Applications should be accompanied with a research proposal (Maximum 10 pages, 1.5 Line Spacing, Font 12 Times New Roman). The research proposal should clearly indicate a prospective Mentor and the Co-investigator. The prospective mentor should endorse the research proposal.
4) A statement of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
5) Applicants should have completed their PhD degree within 10 years from the time of the advertisement.
6) At least 20% of the fellowships will be reserved for women
7) A letter of support from the Head of Department.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Program: 24 months
How to Apply:
The applicants should submit both:
1. Electronic submission of the full application with supporting documents should be sent to:
The Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University.
Email: [email protected] Copy to: [email protected]
2. Three (3) hard copies addressed to:
The Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training,
Research and Innovations Division; Lincoln House Room B5
Makerere University, P.O.BOX 7062, Kampala.
Award Provider: University of Makarere
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)