World Trade Organisation Internship for Graduate Students 2019 – Geneva
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) is offering internships in the Budget and Finance Section of the Administration and General Services Division.
Application Deadline: 22nd May 2019
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Geneva
About the Award: The intern will have the following opportunities to:The intern will have the following opportunities to:
- participate in, and assist with, the day-to-day operations of the Budget and Finance Section. The WTO uses Oracle software (ERP system) for its financial management and reporting;
- analyse cost structures and develop cost-accounting procedures;
- participate in the documentation of procedures and drafting of policies related to accounting and control; and
- contribute to miscellaneous projects to be defined based on the needs of the section.
- Education: Interns must have completed their undergraduate studies in the administration, accounting and control discipline and at least one year of their postgraduate studies.
- Knowledge and skills: Good Knowledge of excel suite (especially Pivot Table and Formulas) and of general accounting standards. Experience with Macros in excel would be a plus.
- Languages: Excellent speaking and writing skills in English or French. A good working level of the other language would be an asset.
The official languages of the organization are French, English and Spanish.
Selection Criteria: Interns are recruited from among nationals of WTO members, countries and customs territories engaged in accession negotiations.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program:
- Paid interns receive a daily allowance of CHF60 (including weekends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.
- Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance.
- Interns are also responsible for their own health insurance while they are working at the WTO.
- The WTO can assist with visa applications where necessary.
Duration of Program: 6 months (June to December 2019)
How to Apply: All candidates must complete an online application form (in Program Webpage Link below).