Apply: University of Pretoria Scholarships for Masters in Human Rights and Democratization in Africa 2021
This prestigous degree is presented by the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, in partnership with 12 leading African universities.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of Pretoria, South Africa
About the Award: The LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa is a unique programme to which 25 to 30 individuals from African countries with the following degrees and preferably experience in the field of human rights are admitted:
- Law students: A degree allowing access to the legal profession (eg LLB or licence en droit)
- Other students (non-law students): At least an Honours degree in a discipline relevant to human rights and democratisation
During an intensive one-year course, they are taught by eminent lecturers in the field of human rights and gain invaluable practical exposure. It is the only course of its kind in Africa.
Eligibility:The eligibility criteria for the LLM/MPhil (HRDA) is as follows:
- Law students (LLM option):
A degree allowing access to the legal profession
- Non-law students (MPhil option):
An Honours degree in a discipline relevant to human rights and democratisation
Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest. Women, as well as members of minority groups such as indigenous people, LGBTI persons and persons with disabilities, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: up to 25
Value of Program: scholarships of up to US$15000, funded by the European Union are available.
How to Apply:
- Click here to apply online (please note – you must create an account on the Submittable platform before you can apply)
It is important to visit the Program Webpage for guidelines before applying