David Oyedepo Foundation OneWorld Merit Scholarship Award 2017
The David Oyedepo Foundation OneWorld Merit scholarship award is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2017
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Schools: Covenant University, Landmark University, University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ilorin, University of Nigeria, University of Benin, University of Abuja, University of Port Harcourt, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Usman Dan-fodio University, Lagos State University, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Babcock University, Bayero University, Kano and American University of Nigeria.
Field(s) of Study: Programs covered by the DOF OneWorld Merit Scholarship Award are: Accounting, Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering, Animal Science, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Architecture, Biochemistry, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Crop Science, Economics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management, Information & Communications Technology,International Relations, Law, Mechanical/Civil Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, Microbiology, Nursing, Petroleum Engineering, Soil Science.
About the Award: This course-specific scholarship, which grants New and Returning students the opportunity to study in select top-rated Nigerian universities seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. In addition to maintaining a high academic standard and demonstrating a commitment to continuous capacity development as leaders, students on this scholarship would be expected to carry out a community development project and would be expected to work in a social impact driven organization each summer for a 6-week period as a volunteer under standard work conditions.
Eligibility: The scholarships are open to New and Returning Student categories who are citizens and residents of African Countries. The David Oyedepo Foundation OneWorld Merit Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
- Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- New Student Application: Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- a. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- b. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- c. 5 Distinction pass-grades (As and Bs) in Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examinations.
- New Student Application: Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University (Scholarships would not be awarded until proof of admission to Landmark University is provided at the end of the competition).
- Returning Student Application: Have a record of exceptional performance which is benchmarked by:
- 1 st Class CGPA (4.5 on a 5.0 scale) in recently concluded session for students in Covenant or Landmark Universities.
- 2nd Class Upper CGPA (4.3 on a 5.0 scale) in recently concluded session for students in other universities.
- Are in good health.
Selection Criteria: Scholars must meet set DOF criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain 1st class CGPA at the end of each session.
- Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer holiday.
- Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Participate in “Books of the Summer” program.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout duration of study within and outside the school premises.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course
Duration of Program: The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
How to Apply: Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission/Studentship is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received (for New Student Applications).
Award Provider: David Oyedepo Foundation
Important Notes: New Student applications are applicable to prospective freshers only, i.e. 100 level.
Returning Student Applications are applicable to students who are already enrolled and are currently undergoing an undergraduate degree program, i.e. 200 level – 500 level.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World