Apply: Law Schools Global League Innovation in Law Awards (LAWARDS) 2017
The LSGL has decided to launch LAWARDS, an award that recognizes innovative ideas in the legal industry.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): ITAM, in Mexico City
About the Award: The Law Schools Global League is an association that brings together law schools from all over the world that share a commitment to the globalization of law in teaching, research, and practice. One of the core goals of the LSGL is to engage in a debate with stakeholders in all fields of legal practice, and to stimulate and facilitate international cooperation and mobility of legal practitioners.
In this first edition, the award will recognize actors within the legal sector that standout for their efforts to develop technology-based, innovative solutions that serve to bring justice closer to those that traditionally have been underserved by the legal system.
The main objective that the LSGL pursues with the award is to provide both visibility and an exclusive access to a global network of academics, students, alumni and public and private organizations to those excellent innovators. The winner of the award will gain visibility by having exposure and special access to the websites and social media platforms of all member schools and websites of LSGL and Ontier, exclusive sponsor of LAWARDS.
Additionally, the LSGL will take specific actions to ensure maximum visibility and exposure of winners of the Award.
Eligibility: For the first edition of the Award, the scope of the prize shall focus on legal practice, technology and the cause of justice. The Award aims to identify and recognize solutions that promote and improve the cause of justice at the early innovation stage, after the proof of concept stage, but before the growth phase.
It is essential that the solutions devised are innovative and have a strong technological component.
LAWARDS is open to any individual or organization around the world that has developed an innovative, tech-based solution to promote access to justice to the disadvantaged.
Applications shall consist of a 2,000-word document explaining:
- The vision underlying the solution.
- A justification of the originality or uniqueness of the solution, by comparing to other existing solutions that have already been deployed in the market.
- The impact that the solution has already had and may have in the future.
- In addition, the application may include electronic or audiovisual materials explaining in more detail the product, as well as examples of its use or explanations of potential uses.
More details about the criteria that shall be applied by the evaluation committee to grant the award can be checked in the LSGL website.
Selection Criteria: The applications shall be evaluated by Committee composed by representatives of the LSGL members with expertise in the field of law, technology and entrepreneurship.
The Committee shall evaluate the applications against the following criteria:
- Social impact and sustainability of the product/solution (50%)
- Originality and uniqueness of the product/solution (25%)
- Vision underlying the product/solution (25%)
The decision of the Committee shall be final and thus not subject to review. By submitting their products or solutions, applicants fully accept this requirement.
Number and Value of Awards: Two representatives from the winner and finalist group will be invited—travel and accommodation fully covered for three nights at Hotel Camino Real Polanco—to attend the Award ceremony.
Timeline of Program: The winners of the Award will be announced on 15 June 2017.
How to Apply:
- The deadline for applications is 31 May 2017.
- Applications should be sent to [email protected] and [email protected]
- The applicants should add to the application: Full names of the applicants, affiliations, email addresses and phone numbers.
- A declaration stating that the applicants are the owners of the product/solution
Award Provider: Law Schools Global League