Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD) Full Scholarships for Young Diplomats and Civil Servants 2017
In the academic year 2017/2018 Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Diploma program International Relations and European Integration taking place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, from September 2017 until May 2018.
Application Deadline: 9th June 2017
Eligible Countries: Low and Middle Income countries
To be taken at (country): Tallinn, Estonia
Field of Study: Training course will be on International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS Credit Points.
The training course includes three thematic modules:
Eligibility: The person applying for the scholarship:
– comes from a country eligible for ODA (developing country. See in link below)
– is not older than 35 years (when applying);
– has at least a BA degree;
– has very good command of English (speaking, reading, writing skills are required at the level of advanced);
– is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service and has been working there for at least one year;
– is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
– is hard working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
Number of Scholarships: Not specific
Value of Scholarship:
- tuition fee;
– monthly allowance (450 EUR);
– accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
– health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
– cost of Schengen visa and Estonian residence permit;
– scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
Duration of Scholarship: Training course International Relations and European Integration starts on September, 18 2017 and ends on May 31, 2018;
How to Apply: The applicant should present:
– ESD application form (downloadable HERE);
– CV in English;
– Motivation letter (1 page/300-400 words, explaining the reasons for applying, previous experience and how the studies will benefit the student’s future development);
– copies of university transcript in (unofficial) English translation, i.e. diploma of higher education and academic record;
– copy of (international) passport;
– 1 passport-sized photograph (to be added to the application form);
– academic essay (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
1. My three visions on future US foreign policy
2. Europe after Brexit
3. A new international settlement for the Middle East
4. Quo vadis Eastern Partnership?
Application documents can be submitted from April 14, 2017 by using Online Scholarship Application System.
– Application must reach ESD by June 9, 2017 at the latest. Skype interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
– All candidates will be informed by e-mail about their enrolment status at the latest on June 19, 2017.
– Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on September 16-17, 2017.
Award Provider: Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs