The Bibliotheca Alexandrina along with TakingITGlobal have officially began the launch of Phase 5 of the Youth for Change Program as of 2017 under the theme of ICT: Supporting Leaders of the Future.
Application Deadline: 10th May 2017 @ 11:59 PM (According to Cairo local time)
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Muritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia
- Economic Opportunities
- Networking & Intercultural Dialogue
- Environment and Water
About the Award: The Youth for Change Program is offering 12 mini-grants each of US$1,500 to support ICT projects with a focus on development issues within the timeframe from July to December 2017. The uniqueness of each project is based on the aspirations and creativity of dynamic young ICT and social entrepreneur’s talents.
The fifth phase of the program aims to identify and provide the young ICT enthusiasts with various opportunities to support their projects, as well as the chance to participate and be involved in the Youth Change Network that gathers youth leaders in the ICT field from the region. The fifth phase of the program is implemented in ten Arab countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Muritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia
Type: Grant, Training
Eligibility for Youth Applicant:
- Male/Female aged between18-30 years (at the time of application) from one of the 22 Arab Countries and currently residing/living in one of the following Arab countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- Passionate about creating positive change in their community.
- Actively engaged in local community (previous involvement in youth organizations, projects, activities)
- Have strong experience in utilizing ICT skills for the benefit of the community.
- Candidates (and/or their project teams) should demonstrate skills in, and show knowledge and understanding of the use of ICT. These skills should include analysis, design, documentation, implementation, testing and evaluation of effective working ICT systems/projects.
- Able to use social media tools for target reach and promotion.
- Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken) as well as good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to be able to express themselves when presenting the projects in international events (if needed)
Eligibility for Youth-Led Projects:
- The ICT/Development project will be implemented in one or more of the following Arab countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- Aims to address major challenges/problems in the community, on one of the focus fields for phase 5 of the program:
- Economic opportunities.
- Networking and intercultural dialogue.
- Environment and water.
- SMART objectives and tangible activities (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Tangible).
- Anticipated direct results/outcomes (measurable results directed towards the target group and society).
- The project/solution can be based on a new idea or build upon an idea that you have already started implementing.
- The project time-line includes specific plan of activities & solid deliverables from July to December, 2017.
- Good use of new media/social networks in data collection, target reach, or project promotion activities.
Number of Scholarships: 12
Value of Scholarship: US$1,500
How to Apply:
Award Provider: Youth Change Network