Chatham House Academy Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship 2019
Application Deadline: 29th April 2019 at 9:00am UK Time.
To be taken at (country): The fellow will be based full-time at Chatham House, London. UK
About the Award: Fellows are hosted by and based in research teams at Chatham House. During the fellowship, the fellow will conduct a research project of their own design which falls within the research topics below.
The parameters for the research topics have been designed in broad terms to allow applicants to devise a project that appeals to their own research interests.
The Research Topics are stated on the Program Webpage (Link below)
Type: Fellowship (Academic, Career)
- The fellowship is open to all nationalities.
- It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred.
- The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, the policy challenges related to global governance laid out on the Fellowships page.
Selection Criteria: The best candidates typically possess many or all of the following characteristics:
- Clear evidence of their leadership experience and background (personal or professional).
- Ability to explore problems with a holistic and inclusive perspective, with a natural curiosity towards issues and areas in the broader environment around their more specific research area of expertise.
- An original, relevant and clear research project proposal – feasible in the given timeline of the fellowship.
- Relevant background experience, demonstrated through their curriculum vitae.
- Strong track record in their area of expertise, including delivering research
- Good writing and presentation skills and a publishing record.
- Awareness of the international context of their research.
- A post-fellowship plan indicating how the candidate will apply their skills, knowledge and experience to impact and influence in their home country or region.
- A clear vision of their contribution to the Academy programme and fellowship cohort.
Applicants must adhere to stated word limits and are advised to read through the information on the Academy’s webpages before applying. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered, nor will any additional or supplementary materials.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,295. Modest provision is made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
Duration of Fellowship: The fellowship is for a 10-month term from mid-September 2019 to late-July 2020.
How to Apply:
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.