Westerwelle Young Founders Program 2019 for Young Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Germany)
Apply now for the Spring 2019 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme and attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany from 16 to 20 April 2018.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019 11pm CEST
Eligible Countries: All African and Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany/Applicant’s Home Country
About the Award: The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Autumn 2019 will start with the Young Founders Conference from 22nd to 26th of October, 2019 in Berlin. During this time, the 25 participants have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. Throughout the programme, the Young Founders will have the chance to develop their businesses and discuss challenges with a personal mentor as well as with fellow Young Founders in a peer mentoring group. Moreover, Young Founders will receive further support through regular expert webinars that cater to their needs.
Type: Entrepreneurship; Career Fellowship
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
- Foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
Selection: Applicants will first be shortlisted according to their written application. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited for a Skype interview. Results of written application and Skype interview will be discussed by a jury and the selected candidates will be invited to participate at the Young Founders Programme.
Value of Program: During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- Westerwelle Young Founders Conference in Berlin taking place from 22 to 26 October 2019.
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Duration of Programme:
- Application deadline (31st of July 2019, 11pm CEST)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (14th of August to 9th of September 2019)
- Jury decision and selection of participants (10th of September 2019)
- Notification of all applicants (11th of September 2019)
How to Apply: Applications are open via the online form.