Westerwelle Young Founders Program for Young Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Germany) 2018
Apply now for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2018 and attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany from 16 to 20 April 2018.
Application Deadline: 25th June 2018
Eligible Countries: All African and Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany/Applicant’s Home Country
About the Award: The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
Type: Entrepreneurship; Career Fellowship
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
- Foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
Selection: Applicants will first be shortlisted according to their written application. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited for a Skype interview. Results of written application and Skype interview will be discussed by a jury and the selected candidates will be invited to participate at the Young Founders Programme.
Value of Program: During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 16– 20 October 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
Duration of Programme: 1 year.
- 16 – 20 October 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
- October 2018 – September 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
How to Apply: The application form is open until 25 June 2018 here
Award Provider: Westerwelle Foundation.