University of Messina Masters Scholarships for International Students 2017/2018 – Italy
The University of Messina has published the call for the assignment of n. 40 scholarships to foreign students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) in the a.y. 2017/2018.
Application Deadline: 22nd May 2017 at 12:00 am (Italian time).
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Italy
About the Award: For the purposes of the Call (below), “international students” are those students holding a degree awarded by a foreign University (not Italian) whilst with the term “enrollment” it is considered the registration to the first year of a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale). Registration to the second year of a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale), transfer from another UniME degree programme or from another University are not considered as enrollment.
Eligibility: In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold:
- – a degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enroll to a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale).
- – A certificate of Italian language (B2 level) issued by the C.L.I.Q. (Certificazione Lingua Italiania di Qualità) system (in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in Italian), or
- – One of the following certificate of English language: TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 87 -109; ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages – Pitman): B2 IESOL Communicator; IELTS (International English Language Testing System – University of Cambridge): 5.5 – 6.5; ISE (Integrated Skill in English – Trinity College London): B2 ISE II; LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry Examinations Board): Level 5; FCE (First Certificate in English – University of Cambridge) (in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in English).
In case of no certification, candidate’s language knowledge will be evaluated by a Commission in a conference-call examination.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be assessed by a Commission appointed by the Rector. The Commission shall evaluate applications on the basis of the following criteria:
- Candidate’s previous studies (transcript of records) considering the learning outcomes of the selected UniME Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) (up to 50 points)
- Curriculum vitae with learning and working experience (up to 30 points)
- Motivation letter and/or recommendation letter from the University awarding the previous academic position (up to 20 points).
Partner Universities cooperating with UniME may select international students for the participation to the present Call.
Number of Awardees: 40
Value of Scholarship: In accordance with the Call, selected candidates will benefit from a 100€ monthly grant, free accommodation in one of the UniME student Halls of Residence and exemption from the payment of tuition fees for the whole duration of the programme.
Candidates must deal with pre-enrollment procedures at the Italian Diplomatic/Consular Authority in the country where the degree has been awarded for the issue of the visa.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Candidates must apply on-line at the following link: https://istanze.unime.it
Application deadline is the 22nd of May 2017 at 12:00 am (Italian time).
In the application, candidates must indicate the Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale) to which he/she wants to enroll (UNIME academic offer is available at the following link http://www.unime.it/it/studenti-futuri/corsi-di-laurea) and uphold the following documents (either in English or Italian):
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate
- A motivation letter or/and a Reference letter provided by the University/Higher Education Institution (HEI) where the candidate gained the degree/latest qualification.
- Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad);
- Photocopy of a valid passport. After the first on-line access it is possible to save the application and modify/integrate it in further sessions.
Application will be processed only if duly filled and “submitted”. Once the application is submitted it cannot be modified.
Award Provider: University of Messina
Important Notes: Please note that in the case of discrepancies between the language versions of the notice, the Italian language version prevails.