Irish Aid Casement Fellowship in Human Rights 2020/2021 for Nigerian Students
Under the Casement fellowship, full financial support is provided for one-year full-time post-graduate education for candidates from Nigeria to undertake a one year master’s level course of study in Human Rights in Ireland.
Application Deadline: 17th December 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Ireland
About the Award: The Roger Casement fellowship has been established to honour the memory of the Irish human rights activist Roger Casement who spent some of his early working life in Calabar, Nigeria. He was an early advocate for human rights while in Nigeria, and, famously, during his later work in the Congo, the Amazon and in Ireland. With his humanitarian legacy in mind, it has been decided to support one Nigerian student to study a master’s degree in human rights in Ireland.
Eligible Courses: Masters programmes at Irish higher education institutes in the areas of Law, Human Rights and Governance. A directory listing all eligible courses is available to applicants.
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Eligibility: Candidates will need to have achieved the necessary educational standard to be accepted onto a Masters course in a Higher Education Institute in Ireland. In addition, there are a number of essential requirements to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- be a citizen of Nigeria and be residing in Nigeria
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a master’s level course of study in Human Rights
- have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Nigeria.
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- meet any relevant procedural requirements of Government of Nigeria.
- be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (IELTS 6.5).
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Under the Casement fellowship, full financial support is provided for return airfares, full tuition, stipends to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, health insurance and other allowances, in addition to the necessary entry arrangements such as medical examination and visa.
How to Apply: It is important to go through the application requirements before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It