Teach for Nigeria Fellowship for University Graduates and Young Professionals 2018
Teach for Nigeria invites exceptional university graduates and young professionals to apply for the Fellowship. Teach For Nigeria strongly believes that the only true and sustainable path to improving educational opportunities for all children in Nigeria is by channeling and developing Nigeria’s most capable young leaders just like you against the problem of educational inequity.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
About the Award: The Teach for Nigeria Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment in which we place the most outstanding graduates and professionals to teach in Nigeria’s underserved schools in low- income communities.The Teach For Nigeria fellowship is a transformational leadership program that equips Fellows with transferable leadership skills to effect change beyond the classrooms in the communities we serve.
Teach For Nigeria ensures that all Fellows have the knowledge and skills necessary to lead their students towards achievement. The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship begins with a six-week residential training program. Here, Fellows are exposed to curriculum, lesson planning, and classroom facilitation and student assessments among other modules, sessions, and keys to successful teaching.
After the Fellowship, alumni of Teach For Nigeria build on their classroom teaching experience to drive long-term systemic changes in the educational sector in Nigeria as they progress into leadership roles in their varied professions. The Teach For Nigeria model is based on the proven success of 40 country organizations including Teach For America, Teach First UK, Teach For Ghana, Teach For Bangladesh, Teach For Nepal and Teach For India, who are all part of the Teach For All network.
Type: Fellowship (Career)
- Teach for Nigeria is open to Nigerians who after the program can be a contributing change to education in Nigeria.
- Candidate must be a Nigerian citizen, hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and be younger than 35.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some of the benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Real responsibility from day one
- Job and internship opportunities during and post Fellowship
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 42 countries
- Access to a 9 month Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- About 9-10 weeks of holiday
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
How to Apply: The Application process is in three stages.
- In stage one, you submit an application HERE. When your application is received, you will be invited to write an online test for numeracy and literacy.
- If you are successful, you will be invited for a pre-assessment interview either in person or online. Based on your performance, you will be invited for a final assessment day at the Teach for Nigeria office in Lagos.
- If successful at the assessment centre, you will be made an offer to the Teach for Nigeria Fellowship for September 2018.
Award Provider: Teach for Nigeria
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy