Call For Applications: BaNGA-Africa Post-Doctoral Fellowships & Seed Grants 2017
The “Building a New Generation of Academics in Africa” (BaNGA-Africa) project is pleased to announce its 1st Call for applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2017
About the Award: BaNGA-Africa is funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York and is a follow-up to the Carnegie Next Generation in Africa project. It aims to contribute to the attainment of a critical mass of PhD holders on University of Ghana faculty, improve doctoral training at UG and enhance the quality and volume of research outputs from UG. This new programme provides opportunities for post-doctoral fellowships and for the development of the research capacity and outputs of early career faculty. Specific activities that may be funded include:
- Short-term fellowships to consolidate doctoral training experiences;
- Post-doctoral attachments to improve and acquire new research skills;
- Collaborative initiatives to establish research networks and joint research grant proposal development;
- Time away to write-up research findings for publication;
- Seed research grants to initiate new research or complete an ongoing research project.
Type: Fellowships, Grants
- Must be PhD‐holders employed full time as faculty at the University of Ghana.
- Must have earned their PhD and/or must have joined the University in the last 10 years.
- Previous recipients of Carnegie funded PhD scholarships are eligible to apply.
- Shortlisted applicants must provide documentary evidence to show that they have made contact with a prospective mentor/collaborator in a reputable institution who is willing to host and work with them during the period of the fellowsh
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of fellowships: The programme will cover travel costs (visa, return economy air ticket, and travel insurance), medical insurance, and accommodation at the host institution as well as subsistence costs for the time away from the University of Ghana. Applicants are also eligible to apply competitively for a seed grant to undertake a research project as part of the fellowship. This application will normally be in collaboration with the mentor/ collaborator.
Duration of fellowships: Selected fellows on the programme will be able to spend normally up to 3 months outside the University of Ghana at a reputable laboratory/institution working with a mentor/collaborator on a specific research project or joint research grant proposal, or writing up research findings for publication.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible faculty members are invited to complete the Application Form accompanied by the following documents:
- PDF versions of 3 most important publications
- A CV of not more than 5 pages
- Supporting letters from two professional referees (including their telephone numbers, postal and e‐mail addresses) to be sent directly from referees to the BANGA‐Africa Coordinating Office by email at banga‐ [email protected] . At least one referee should be familiar with the applicant’s work in academia
All pplications are to be submitted electronically (by email) to [email protected] and also in hard copy to the project secretariat located at the Centre for African Wetlands.
Award Provider: University of Ghana
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them