VCU International Student Scholarship Award 2012/2013
The VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) International Student Scholarship is sponsored with proceeds generated by the sale of Officially Licensed VCU merchandise. Virginia Commonwealth University values the contributions international students make to the university community through scholarship, service, and leadership.
All full-time VCU international students who will complete their degree after the fall 2012 semester may apply for the scholarship. Applicants must have a 3.2 or higher cumulative grade point average and demonstrate significant contributions to the university and/or community.
Qualified candidates should meet the following requirements:
- • Hold an F-1 international student visa.
- • Be classified as a full-time degree seeking student at VCU.
- • Have successfully completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at VCU and enrolled for the fall 2012 semester.
- • Must have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA at VCU.
- • Demonstrate financial need.
- • Evidence of significant contributions to VCU and/or the community at large through scholarship, service, and leadership.
This scholarship will recognize an outstanding international student with a scholarship award up to $2,000. The award will be for the 2012-2013 academic year.
How to Apply
VCU international students must complete the application in its entirety and are required to write a double-spaced essay, of not more than two pages, addressing their role in contributing to the university and/or community through scholarship, service and leadership. An unofficial copy of their VCU transcript and two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from a VCU faculty, administrator or staff member) must accompany all applications.
Applications are accepted until February 23, 2012
Return Applications to:
VCU Business Services
Attn: International Student Scholarship Coordinator
1111 West Broad Street Suite A
P.O. Box 980208
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0208
Download scholarship application