In April 2017, a group of purpose-driven entrepreneurs will converge for DFS Lab’s fintech bootcamp in South Asia (city to be determined), bringing together smart, dynamic people who are building innovative products, services and technologies for low-income consumers.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2017
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa and Asia
To be taken at (Region): South Asia (city to be determined)
About the Award: Using the Design Sprint Methodology, a process of structured ideation and prototyping for answering critical business questions, entrepreneurs will go through a workshop to design, prototype and test new ideas. Rapid prototyping and UI/UX mockup support will be available on site. By creating quick prototypes for representative customers, you can get actual feedback and see if there’s a real potential for the solution you’ve created.
This high-intensity program provides you with the very best hands-on support and guidance from top flight mentors to help bring your idea to life.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, candidate must:
- Be passionate about solving problems faced by low-income consumers
- Believe they have what it takes
- Be small and nimble teams of world class entrepreneurs, engineers, product managers, or other brilliant people who want to build digital services for millions of users.
- have deep expertise in fintech, payments, or retail finance and a strong desire to work in developing countries.
- Dream of creating financial products that will serve the needs of billions of low income consumers in developing countries.
- have a founder or co-founder fill out the application.
- Teams must consist of two-persons who wish to launch a company or very early stage startups with less than USD $100K investment to date who wants to send two co-founders to our bootcamp.
- The startup’s vision should be to create an innovative new technology to address one of DFS Lab’s priority areas.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value and Duration of Program: The best ideas will receive grant funding of up to USD $100K and six months of additional support from the DFS Lab. The program runs for 5 days and includes flights, healthy meals, accommodation and fun!
Award Provider: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation