Deadline Extended: FAO/FIMI Training of Trainers on Human Rights, Food and Nutrition Security for Indigenous Women Leaders from Africa 2018
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, FAO, and the International Indigenous Women’s Forum, IIWF/FIMI, are pleased to call for indigenous women leaders from Africa to the Training of Trainers on Human Rights, Food and Nutrition Security.
Application Deadline: 12th July 2018 (From 9th July)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): To be communicated
About the Award: In this occasion, FIMI and FAO are going to implement the program Training of Trainers on Human Rights, Food Security and Nutrition to be carried out at a regional level in Africa.
The Objectives are:
- Strengthen the leaderships and knowledges of indigenous women on human rights, food security and nutrition for the capacity building of other indigneous women from Africa.
- Promote and strengthen the articulation, alliances and collaborations between activists and indigenous organizations at the regional level for the advocacy and participation at the international processes.
Eligibility: This program is open to indigenous women leaders from Africa, the requirements are
- Indigenous women with skill and experience in facilitating capacity building processes.
- Indigenous women associated with an indigenous organisation and actively working with indigenous communities and involved in human rights, indigneous peoples rights and women?s rights.
- Basic english speaking and writing skills.
Number of Awards: In the selection process, 30 indigenous women leaders will be selected to participate in the program through an Advisory Committee.
Value of Award: Scholarship to cover airfare (economy flights), accommodation and food will be provided; it is included educational material. FIMI will provide full scholarships for 30 participants. All scholarships will awarded in the most equitable way possible.
- A signed letter of commitment to actively participate and complete the 12 days of the capacity building training.
- Deliver a Capacity builidng Plan on the knowledge acquired from ToT and its implementation.
- Getting a visa or passport in advance, if it is required.
Duration of Programme: The program will be held for a period of 12 days continuous during August or September of this year. The exact dates and venue are still to be confirmed.
How to Apply: For an application to be complete, the following documents must be submitted:
- A completed application form
- A letter of organizational endorsement, preferable the Organisation/Institution the applicant belong to or is working closely with. This letter shall be addressed to the Coordination of the Indigenous Women’s Global Leadership School. The letter should also specify the national or regional network which the organisation is affiliated with.
- A commitment letter from the candidate to perform all tasks required and commitment to conclude the program.
The completed application form and a letter of endorsement shall be sent by email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any enquiries.
Award Providers: FAO, IIWF/FIMI