Kader Asmal Postgraduate Fellowships 2019/2020 for Study in Ireland (Fully-funded)
The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2019, in the following subject areas below.
Application Deadline: 21st December 2018 at 17:00 SA time.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): Ireland
Fields of Study: The fellowship programme has two strands:
A) Annual awards for postgraduate study in:
- Business Managemenr; Economics and Finance
- Agriculture, Food Science; Environment and Rural development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Engineering; Sustainable Technology and Resource Management
- Information system and Communications Technology
B) One annual award will be made for a fellowship in:
- LLM in International and Comparative Law at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC).
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be a South African citizen holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas
- be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2018/2019
- Not have already applied for a course at an institution in Ireland – if you have already been admitted to a university you are not eligible
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Please apply only if you are eligible. Applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Number of Awardees: Not specified.
Value of Scholarship: The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
How to Apply: Click here to apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship for Postgraduate study in Ireland in 2019-2020.
Award Provider: Embassy of Ireland in South Africa