Kufuor Scholars Program (KSP) for Young Leaders in Ghana 2021
In response to the leadership challenge in Ghana and Africa, the John A. Kufuor Foundation, inspired by the founder’s vision, has instituted the Kufuor Scholars’ Program to provide the required specialized preparation for the Ghanaian youth.
Application Deadline: 19th July 2021
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be taken at (country): Ghana
Eligible Field of Study: All
About the Award: The program targets young people in tertiary institutions, who have completed at least one year of studies. The general and primary aim is to add value to the formal education at the tertiary level by providing specialized orientation through programmed mentorship, skills and experiential activities and annual stipends. Selected candidates will stay in the program for at least three years.
Eligibility: The JAK Foundation considers applications from young males and females, from all communities, towns, cities and settlements in Ghana. To qualify for admission to the Kufuor Scholars’ Programme, the applicant must demonstrate all the following:
- Be of Ghanaian nationality
- Have successfully completed the first year (e.g. Level 100) of study at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline
- Students who have completed second year (level 200) and beyond are not eligible
- Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school, community or at the national level).
- Demonstrate nationalistic orientation and capacity to promote political and religious tolerance, and ethnic co-existence for national development
- Not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply
Selection Criteria: The Scholars are promising, young candidates of tertiary background who have been selected based on their
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Communication skills
- Integrity, and
- Familiarity with critical national and global issues
To become a Scholar is to go through a series of selection processes handled by reputable and credible personalities.
Selection Procedure: A Selection Committee will be constituted based on the ideals of the programme. The Committee will review all applications and recommend applicants to the JAK Foundation for a final interview session.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme: KSP is a three-year training program that offers selected candidates mentorship and coaching, stipend, and specialized seminars and experiential activities in defined areas such as:
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility
- Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills, Leadership seminars & Camps
- Problem-solving, Research & Innovation
- Integrity & Accountability
- Corruption and Accountable Governance
- Nation Building
- Ghana in a Globalized World
- Public Administration in Ghana.
- Project Planning and Management
How to Apply: All applications should be submitted using our Online Application Form on the Application Page