Leaders for Health Equity (LHE) Fellowship for Early/Mid Career Professionals in Developing Countries 2018 – George Washington University, USA
Leaders for Health Equity (LHE) is a one year, non-residential fellowship program offered by the George Washington University through the generosity of the Atlantic Philanthropies. The first cohort of fellows was selected in 2017.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2018
Eligible Countries: USA and Developing Countries.
To Be Taken At (Country): George Washington University in Washington, DC
About the Award: To develop global leaders who understand the drivers of health inequity in populations within the U.S. and globally, and possess the knowledge, skills, and courage to build organizations and communities that foster health equity.
The LHE fellowship program will:
- blend in-person and online learning to build comprehensive knowledge of national and international health disparities
- enhance fellows capability to address these disparities through conversations with content experts and visits to programs and institutions pioneering positive change
- provide a personalized leadership curriculum that emphasizes practical approaches to creating change
- Early to mid-career professionals who are currently engaged in health sector work
- Professionals working in, but not limited to: media, business, art, law, academia, government, and health care delivery
- Individuals possessing some experience with social accountability issues
- Individuals currently working in a role that involves leadership or the potential for leadership
Selection Criteria: Fellows will be selected from the United States and low and middle-income countries based on a demonstrated prior commitment to health equity and leadership potential. Fellows must also be actively working in a field related to health. The program will build and support a linked group of global multidisciplinary leaders equipped with the technical knowledge, skills, and network to advance health equity in their communities, institutions, and professional circles.
Number of Awards: 20 U.S. and global fellows per year
Value of Award: Fellows will:
- convene 4 times in person over the course of the program (anticipated time commitment of 5 weeks)
- participate in biweekly online classes, individualized coaching, peer mentoring, and team-based learning (anticipated time commitment of 12-16 hours per month)
- remain in their place of employment for the duration of the program
- need to be proficient in the English language
All educational experiences and travel expenses related to participation in the fellowship will be covered by the program.
Duration of Programme: 1 year (January 2019 – December 2019)
How to Apply: Apply Here
Award Providers: George Washington University, USA.