Omi International Artists Residency 2017. Art, Music, Architecture and Dance – New York, USA
Omi International Arts Center is accepting application for 2017, for its Four (4) annual international residency programs and invites artists from around the world to apply.
Application Deadlines: The following four distinct international residency programs are currently open for application until the noted deadlines:
- Architecture Omi – 21st November 2016
- Art Omi – 30th November 2016
- Music Omi – 2nd January 2017
- Dance Omi – 2nd January 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): New York, USA
About the Award: Omi seeks to foster an environment of creative exploration and exchange, professional opportunity and exposure, and a stylistically and culturally diverse community for creative artists from around the world.
This year a total of 95 artists will be invited to take part in several different Omi’s residency programs, in Columbia County, New York.
Type: Contest, Residency
- Application is open to architects from any part of the world that have been professionally active for at least the past five (5) years since professional licensing or obtaining an M. Arch. degree in the U.S. or internationally.
- Applications will be accepted from early and mid-career architects in active practice or in academia with an architectural design teaching concentration. We do not accept applications from students currently enrolled in any B. Arch, M. Arch, or PhD program.
- Please note: having a Master’s degree in Architecture and/or an architectural license IS a requirement.
- Space is very limited and a diverse and international group is sought, consistent with all Omi Residency programs and aligning with the mission of the Architecture Omi program.
- Application is open to artists from all over the world who have been professionally active for at least the past 3 years.
- Disciplines included: all practices that are labeled visual arts, sound art, performance, social practice. If you work in a category not listed here please contact us to see which of our residency programs is your best fit.
- We don’t accept applications from artists currently enrolled in either a BFA or MFA.
- We accept applications, however, from PhD students or from professional artists, with at least 3 years of professional experience, currently enrolled in a master degree other than in the Arts.
- Please note: having studied art is NOT a requirement: we accept applications from self-taught professional artists.
- The Music Omi program will only consider applications from individual applicants.
- Joint applications will NOT be considered. Individuals members of performing ensembles may apply simultaneously, but will be evaluated as individual musicians.
- It is highly unlikely that members of ensembles will be invited to attend during the same residency.
- Applicants active as both dancers AND choreographers, who work within any style of dance, are encouraged to apply.
- It is recommended that applicants do not come with specific projects in mind, but that they are open to working with others on jointly conceived projects.
- Applicants must have a genuine openness to collaborating with multi-national artists of diverse cultural, socio-political, linguistic and dance backgrounds.
Number of Awardees: 95
Value of: Through a competitive jury process, residents are chosen, invited to attend at no cost to themselves, except travel. Abundant, catered meals and comfortable, beautiful lodgings are provided in a scenic location in Columbia County, New York. Omi is two hours north of New York City by train.
How to Apply:
Award Provider: Art Omi
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?