University of Oxford-Linacre African Graduate Scholarship (Fully-funded) for PhD Students 2018
One full scholarship is available for applicants who are ordinarily resident in Sub-Saharan African countries eligible for Rhodes Scholarships who are applying to a full-time DPhil course at the University. The scholarship is jointly funded by the University, Linacre College and the Rhodes Trust.
Application Deadline: 8th or 19th January 2018, depending on your course
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of Oxford, Linacre College, UK
Type: DPhil (PhD)
Eligibility: You will be considered automatically for these scholarships if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit, unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2018-19 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
The scholarship is only tenable at Linacre College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Linacre College in order to take up the scholarship.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,553.
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply: To be considered, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline (6 or 20 January 2017, depending on your course) and submit an application to the Rhodes Trust.
Award Providers: University of Oxford, Linacre College and the Rhodes Trust.
Important Notes: Scholarship selection normally takes place between late February and June. If you have not heard from us by the dates indicated in the scholarship information, then please assume that you have been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?