Akili Dada Program 2019 for Young Women Social Entrepreneurs
Are you a young woman running a start-up social enterprise in KISUMU, KILIFI or THARAKA NITHI County? Akili Dada is looking for you!
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2019
Eligible Countries: Kenya
- A young woman aged 25-30 years old.
- Currently residing in Kilifi, Kisumu or Tharaka Nithi County.
- Running a social enterprise i.e. a business with a social change goal.
- Running an enterprise that has been in operation for at least 1 year, but not more than 2 years.
- The founder or co-founder of the enterprise.
- Passionate about transformative leadership and sustainable community development.
- Proficient in English.
Your enterprise should be operating in Kisumu, Tharaka Nithi or Kilifi Counties. Applicants should demonstrate how their enterprises contribute to the attainment of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Applicants whose enterprises address goal 2,3,5,8,9,12 and 16 are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Selected young women will have access to;
- Thematic training and development to expand their knowledge in leadership and social enterprise management.
- A network of mentors to support young women’s personal and professional growth
- Seed funding to develop and grow their enterprises
- Akili Dada’s network of funding and development partners
- Learning visits to organizations in the social enterprise sector
The selected program participant commits to;
- Participate in a two-week intense convening in November 2019 in Nairobi.
- Take part in periodic mentoring sessions and virtual training throughout the two years.
- Attend all other related activities held by Akili Dada in their respective counties.
- Avail themselves for site visits to evaluate and support their enterprises. Please note that this two-year program is not fulltime. Selected candidates MUST avail themselves for all program activities as stipulated in the commitments above. The 2-week convening is an intensive and full-time residential program and all selected applicants will be required to attend. The rest of the program involves online and other distance learning activities which candidates MUST participate in.
Duration of Fellowship: 2 years
How to Apply: Any interested applicant should complete the application below and attach a recommendation letter before September 6th 2019.