African Women Innovators Network (AWIN) Business Innovation Lab for Women in Ghana 2017
AWINBusiness Innovation Lab is building a global community of African women innovators and change-makers who are passionate about building a better future for women and girls in Africa.
2nd December 2016 – Deadline
20th & 21st January 2017 – Innovation Bootcamp, Accra
23rd Jan – 6th Mar – Mentorship programme (Online)
8th March 2017 – Demo Day (Accra)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Accra, Ghana
About the Award: The AWIN Business Innovation Lab is an intensive training and mentorship programme equipping young African women with the tools to develop innovative businesses that help to build a better future for African women & girls.
The AWIN Business Innovation Lab is targeted towards young women in Africa and the diaspora (18-35yrs) with a NEW innovative business idea that helps to build a better future for African women & girls.
- Gain the skills to test and develop your idea into a sustainable business
- Broaden your network and access expert advice from our global pool of mentors to help you develop your idea further.
- Build your confidence in communicating your ideas effectively to attract funding, clients and partners for your business.
- Get the opportunity to pitch your business idea to potential investors at our demo day
- Become part of our global community of social innovators to connect, share ideas and gain peer support in building your business.
Eligibility: Apply to the AWIN Business Innovation Lab if
-You are a Young Ghanaian woman (18-35yrs)
-You are passionate about helping to build a better future for women and girls in Africa
-You have a NEW innovative business idea that has potential to positively impact the lives of African Women and girls.
-If you already have an existing business, your idea must be a new innovative solution that positively impacts the lives of women and girls.
– You can apply either as an individual or as a team (however all team members must meet the application criteria)
Value of Programme: The winner of the Demo Day final will receive:
- Free office space for 3 months
- 3-months of dedicated support and business mentorship
- $1000 seed funding to help them develop their idea further
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Provider: AWIN is an initiative developed and led by the Africa Technology Business Network (ATBN), funded by Comic Relief & DFID under the Common Ground Initiative and delivered in partnership with Women in Tech Africaand iSpace Ghana