Valeo has launched the fifth Valeo Innovation Challenge. Through this Challenge, Valeo wishes to encourage students from all around the world not only to innovate but also to develop their sense of entrepreneurship by offering the winners the chance to create their own start-up.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2018.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): The prizes will be awarded in mid-October 2018 in Paris, France.
About the Award: The aim of the competition is to reward an innovative project, whether it concerns a technological innovation or an idea for new ways to use cars. Participants should propose new solutions in one of the three areas revolutionizing the automotive industry today:
- – Vehicle electrification
- – Autonomous vehicles
- – Digital mobility
Students are asked to develop bold and revolutionary solutions for the benefit of society.
The competition is a way for Valeo to show that innovation lies at the core of its DNA and that Research and Development is a priority for the group. It is a guiding principle for Valeo’s 14,000 engineers who each day innovate to invent the car of tomorrow.
Eligibility: Eligibility for the Valeo Innovation Challenge for interested candidates:
The competition is open to post-baccalaureate students worldwide in higher education from all disciplines and to the teachers, one per team.
Entrants must compete in teams made up of between two and a maximum of five people.
Teams can take part to the challenge by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English by submitting:
1. mp4 video pitch (maximum 3 minutes) that explains the project in a clear, simple and audible way,
2. accompanied by 5 slides describing the composition of the team; the problem identified; the existing or known solutions; the proposed technical solution; the target market and the business model.
The following people may not enter the contest:
- Employees of the organizer, of any company that it controls, that controls it or that is under joint control with it, and their children.
- People who have been involved in organizing the contest, and their children.
- People who have a conflict of interest (especially interns, apprentices and PhD students still working for the Valeo company).
- Bold, innovative and original idea of the project
- Challenges and relevance of the problem addressed and how the expectations of automakers, end-users and society have been factored in
- Project quality with a view to creating a start-up:
- – Project feasibility
- – Structured business model
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: At the end of the competition the sum of €200,000 will be shared, as decided by the Jury, between the three winning teams of the Challenge. In addition to their prize, they will be offered the opportunity to join Valeo’s business accelerator.
Duration of Program: Prizes will be awarded on October 12 2018
How to Apply: It is important to read the Rules of the Competition before applying. Apply via link below.
Award Provider: Valeo