United Nations University IIGH Fellowship for Students in Developing Countries 2018 – Malaysia
The UNU International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH) offers an excellent multicultural environment in Malaysia for scholars to work on their research and interact with scholars from different countries and disciplines.
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. (Malaysian local time) on 31st January 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
To be taken at (country): UNU-IIGH in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Eligible Fields of Study: Research topics should relate to any one of the following UNU-IIGH thematic research areas:
- Systems Thinking for Urban Health
- Governance for Global Health
About the Award: The UNU-IIGH PhD Fellowship Programme aims to provide an opportunity for candidates enrolled in a PhD programme to expand their intellectual vision beyond their scientific disciplines.
The PhD Fellowship Programme is open to candidates who are enrolled in PhD programmes in educational institutions around the world, and who could benefit from a period of up to 12 months at UNU-IIGH. With a view to strengthening capacity building, doctoral students from educational institutions in developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The Fellowship programme is open to candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to the ongoing research projects in the Institute.
- Applicants must have finished a PhD no longer than 5 years preceding the start of the fellowship. Language proficiency in English is essential. Applicants from developing countries and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be able to make use of the UNU-IIGH facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to: (i) work on a project or projects assigned by the supervisor, and (ii) participate in other academic activities of the Institute while writing their dissertation. The fellows shall also participate in regular in-house discussions and seminars, as well as contribute to the research and writing of the UNU-IIGH Working Paper Series.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: UNU-IIGH offers a monthly stipend for the duration of the fellowship.
Duration of Scholarship: 12 months
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, indicating your interests and motivation to work on one or more of the areas of interest of UNU-IIGH.
Applications for 2018 fellowships are now open. The deadline for application is 4.00 pm (Malaysian local time time), 31 January 2018.
Applicants are requested to download and complete the UNU P-11 form. Please quote the reference number (2017/UNU/IIGH/FELLOWSHIP/94) and state “UNU-IIGH Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018” in the section “What post are you applying for?”
Please submit all the documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- completed and signed UNU P-11 form
- cover letter outlining your motivation and how you would contribute to any of the Institute’s focus areas over the 12-month Postdoctoral Fellowship
- an abstract of your current PhD research/dissertation
- a sample of your recent publication (in English)
- 2 references to support your application; one must come from one of your PhD supervisors
- scanned copy of your passport details page
Be sure to state “Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018″ with your name in the subject of the email.
Note that only completed applications received by the deadline will be considered. We will acknowledge receipt of your application via email.
Award Provider: International Institute for Global Health (UNU-IIGH)