Study in Sweden: Uppsala University Masters Scholarship (100% tuition) for Somalia, Nigeria and Other African Countries 2018/2019
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. Scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, but not living expenses, for studies at Uppsala University Master’s programmes offered during the current admisison round and commencing August 2018.
- Application opens: 16th January 2018
- Application closes: 1st February 2018. Link to online application will be published here on 16th Jan.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, DR Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
To be taken at (country): Sweden
Field of Study: All
Type: Master’s taught
- Citizens of: Afghanistan, DR Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
- Applicants must show why they are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need to belonging to the education environment at Uppsala University as well as having the academic talent required.
- Students can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for their first priority programme at Uppsala University.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
Selection Process: Uppsala University’s scholarships for tuition liable students are merit-based and are awarded to academically talented students who show an interest in belonging to an educational milieu. Information about your academic performance is taken from the supporting documents you submit when applying to Master’s or Bachelor’s studies. The written motivation in your online scholarship application is also taken into account. Financial need does not factor into the awarding.
The scholarship selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the programme selection process. To gain entrance to the programme, and be awarded a scholarship, students must meet all general and specific entry requirements. The application fee and supporting documents must also be received before the deadline. Students who submit incomplete applications or do not apply in time will not be considered for scholarships at Uppsala University.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Complete tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: The application period for scholarships from Uppsala University will be open from 16 January to 1 February 2018. Therefore, the link to the online scholarship application form will be found here on 16 January 2018.
Documentation to send:
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use documentation you submit with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.
Award Provider: Uppsala University