Finland Government Scholarships 2021/2022 for International Students (EUR 1500 monthly allowance)
The Finland Government scholarships are offered for a period of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
Application Deadline: Each country has a national application deadline set by them.
CIMO will inform both successful and unsuccessful candidates of the results by February 2021.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: The Finland Government scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries:
- Republic of Korea
To be taken at (country): Finland
About the Award: The Finland Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme application form is not an application for a study/research placement. It is merely an application for funding.
Type: Doctoral (PhD)
Eligibility: In order to be an eligible applicant for the Finland Government scholarships, candidate must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student. Please see section Doctoral Admissions for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship includes:
- a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, are not covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
Duration of Scholarship: The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme can be applied for a study/research period of 3-9 months, 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant.
How to Apply: Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool.
You can download the 2021/2022 application form using the below link.
It is important to go through the Application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage (see link below) before applying.