International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) at University of Adelaide Australia 2018
The University of Adelaide, Australia is offering the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for Master’s and Doctoral degrees (postgraduate) for international students
Round 1: 31st August 2017
Round 2: 31st January 2018
Round 3: 30th April 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries except Australia and New Zealand
To be taken at (country): University of Adelaide, Australia
Eligible Field of Study: research areas of interest to the university
About the Award: International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) are available in the first two scholarship rounds to outstanding international applicants from any country who have a First Class Honours result or equivalent, to support their study towards a Higher Degree by Research in areas of University research strength.
Type: Masters & Doctoral research
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
Eligibility: Applicants will only be shortlisted and considered for international research scholarships when all of the following criteria are met:
- The minimum English Language Proficiency requirements for direct entry to the academic program are met;
- All qualifying programs are complete and satisfactory evidence of completion is provided;
- First Class Honours [equivalence] is attained (refer to the ‘Common Questions’ towards the bottom of this page for more information about honours degrees); and
- Where autonomous sanctions apply the University must gain approval from the relevant authorities to offer admission before shortlisting for scholarships.
Applications that do not satisfy the first 2 of these criteria will be marked as incomplete, and will not be assessed until all required documentation is provided.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only);
- All successful IPRS applicants will also receive an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) which provides an annual living allowance of $25,849 in 2015 for the normal duration of the program; and
- For Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years for Masters; 3 years for Doctoral
How to Apply: International candidates must submit applications for Admission and a Scholarship via the online application system.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: University of Adelaide, Australia
Important Notes: Funding opportunities are limited and therefore extremely competitive. The scholarship does not cover student visa application fees.