ConocoPhillips/St Andrews Prize for the Environment (USD100,000 Prize Money) 2020
The 2019 St Andrews Prize for Environmental Conservation is now open for entries from entrepreneurs all over the world. Applications for this annual prize are invited from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams or community groups. Research projects will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 21st June 2019
Eligible Countries: Global
To be taken at (country): University of St Andrews, Scotland, UK
About the Award: The St Andrews Prize for the Environment was set up by the University of St Andrews and ConocoPhillips in 1998 to recognise significant contributions to environmental conservation. Since its launch, it has attracted entries from all over the world each year on a range of diverse topics.
The Prize’s purpose is to find and reward entrepreneurs who come forward with original and practical ideas for coping with specific environmental problems. Such ideas must be designed to lead to action, be realistic, realisable and easy to be replicated elsewhere taking account of their social and economic implications.
The diversity of topics supported continues to grow, but examples include:
- Sustainable development
- Urban regeneration
- Health and environmental health
- Waste, water and sanitation issues
- Renewable energy
- Wildlife conservation including reducing animal-human conflict
- Land use and maintenance
- Applications to the St Andrews Prize must be written in clear grammatical English.
- Successful applications must clearly highlight the project’s innovative features, and state how the project meets the criteria for the Prize.
- All required sections of the form must be completed and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The St Andrews Prize is not awarded to fund programmes of study or stand-alone research projects. Evidence of the success of the project, both in terms of innovation and tangible outcomes, must be provided.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Contest: The winner receives $100,000 USD and the two finalists receive $25,000 USD.
How to Enter: Full details about the Prize, the entry process and eligibility criteria are available from this website or from the St Andrews Prize for the Environment office at St Andrews University on Tel + 44 (0)1334 462161
Award Provider: St Andrews Prize
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Do Not Move To Germany If…
How To Study Abroad As An International Exchange Student
14 Business Ideas You Should Consider In 2020s