Call for Applications: Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards 2019. USD10,000 Prize + Online Recognition
Are you a peacebuilder? Would international recognition and a $10,000 prize help your organisation make a bigger impact? Apply today for the annual Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards are the global awards for local peacebuilding run by Peace Direct. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. These are inspiring individuals who are building a better tomorrow for their communities, in the world’s most fragile and needy places.
This year, there will also be a photography prize to celebrate photos that illustrate the theme of ‘local peacebuilding’. The winning entry will receive $1,000 of camera equipment for the photo that best illustrates local peacebuilding in action, or best communicates this theme.
Previous winner Gatwal Gatkouth from Uganda said: “The Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards means so much to my organisation. It marks a new beginning that outlines the fact that, no matter how small one starts an initiative, if the intentions are good, the world one day honours their efforts. We started very small, with so much passion, and before long Peace Direct put our work on the spotlight. We now have a very solid footing for 2019 and we anticipate to scale up our peace building work deep into the grassroots communities.”
One prize is available in each of the three categories below:
- Women-led Peacebuilding
- Youth-led Peacebuilding
- Inter-Religious Peacebuilding
Offered Since: 2013
Eligibility: These are global awards. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Undertake peacebuilding work – your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based – your organisation must be based in the country or communities where your work will be done. If your organisation operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter. (Note cross-border projects are eligible.)
- Be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or inter-religious peacebuilding.
Selection Process: Peacebuilders strongly recommends applying as early as possible. Peacebuilders will review applications as they are submitted to ensure they are complete and correct, therefore early applications enjoy this advantage and a greater chance of success.
Number of Awardees: 3 organisations
Value of Award: The winners receive global publicity and cash prizes. They are chosen by an international panel of experts including distinguished practitioners, political figures and media. Each winning entry will receive:
· $10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities.
· Promotion of their work online, including on the Insight on Conflict and Peace Direct websites and newsletters
How to Apply: Entry Forms can be found Here
Send completed applications by following the applic4ation procedure (See in Award Webpage link below).
Award Provider: Peace Direct
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)