Have You Applied for the 2017 AGCO Africa Ambassador Contest? You Should Give it a Try
Brief description: AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural equipment, has launched its annual video contest for the next AGCO Africa Ambassador.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: The company calls young African visionaries who have developed innovative projects that support the development of the local agricultural sector and thus have a significant impact within their community. The winner of the video contest will become the next AGCO Africa Ambassador and represent the African continent at the sixth AGCO Africa Summit “Agribusiness in Africa – Organizing Farmers of the Future” which will take place in Berlin, Germany, on January 16, 2017.
Entrants are asked to record a simple video of themselves presenting a project or cause they are involved in which positively impacts farming in their local community. Applicants are called to explain why they should become the next AGCO Africa Ambassador. Video entries can be uploaded on the AGCO Africa Ambassador YouTube page. Alternatively, videos can be posted on the AGCO Africa Ambassador Twitter channel and Facebook page or be emailed.
Offered Since: 2012
- Minimum age: twenty-one (21) years old
- Proof of African origin and valid passport from a country on the continent of Africa
- Fluent in spoken English g Some experience with speaking in front of a large audience
- No record of criminal behavior including crimes of moral turpitude or which might bring AGCO into disrepute
- No membership in extreme, radical or violent groups including but not limited to groups which advocate the violent overthrow of any government
- No human rights offenses
- Must be available to participate in the AGCO Africa Summit (January 16, 2017)
- Must be eligible to receive a visa to enter Germany during the Event
- May not be an employee or immediate family member of an employee with AGCO
- Eligible Participants may enter the Program by creating and submitting a video of themselves explaining why they should be chosen to act as the AGCO Africa Ambassador to Germany during the Event.
- The video must not contain obscenities or other objectionable content.
- Eligible Participants may enter as many times as they choose so long as each Submission offers different content and perspective from a previous Submission by the Eligible Participant. Multiple entries of the same Submission will result in disqualification.
- Your video should be uploaded on our Youtube page http://youtube.africa-ambassador.com as a video response to the contest video, posted on our AGCO Africa Ambassador Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AfricaAmbassador or Twitter page https://twitter.com/AGCOAmbassador or sent directly via email to email@example.com.
- Submissions must be no less than thirty (30) seconds and/or no more than three (3) minutes in length.
- Men and women are welcome to participate in the contest.
Selection Criteria: Submissions will be approved, judged and decided on by the AGCO marketing team. The announcement of the winner takes place on December 1st, 2016 on the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AfricaAmbassador. Eligible Participants accept and acknowledge that the decision of the Judges is final.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Contest:
- Hosting the AGCO Africa Summit on January 16, 2017 in Berlin, Germany.
- Responsibility in regular reporting (bi-weekly) about trends and developments in African agriculture and economy as well as AGCO‘s activities in Africa on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube in posts, uploads and video messages during the one year contract period (when appropriate, participation at AGCO events in Africa).
- $10,000.00 cash award at the beginning of the one-year contract.
- Reimbursement for all reasonable traveling expenses solely related to participation as the AGCO Africa Ambassador.
How to Apply:
Award Provider: AGCO