GrowthAfrica is looking for 80 ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana to be part of the 2023 cohort.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2023
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana
Fields: E-commerce, Education, Financial services, Fintech, Healthcare, Information technology, Manufacturing, Renewable energy, Retail, Water, sanitation and hygiene
About the Award: Founded in 2002, GrowthAfrica continues to exponentially increase the rate and growth of business success in Africa through the annual Accelerator. Backed by extensive knowledge and experience in supporting entrepreneurs across Africa, the first accelerator run in 2012 and to date, 224 ventures have been accelerated, worked directly with 407 entrepreneurs, run 21 cohorts and created 30,000+ jobs.
The programme is designed to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership acumen with the aim of unlocking significant growth in your business among other Integral facets required in building a successful timeless business.
The initial phase of the programme consists of 19 workshop-days across 6 months. Each workshop is followed up by in-company support by the GrowthAfrica team and mentors who assist you develop a deeper understanding of your business, help you to identify and articulate growth challenges, and aid in crafting strategic and innovative responses to these challenges – your growth plan.
Once your growth plan is in place, focus shifts to implementation of set interventions and creating momentum in line with your ambition to scale and access external capital. The GrowthAfrica team continues to help alongside sage advice and support from subject-industry experts. Focus further shift to connecting you with the resources necessary for the effective implementation of your growth plan.
We are open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions/Tech-enabled businesses
- Financial Services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
- Water & sanitation
- Post revenue business
- Full time and dedicated core team
- Existed for 2 years or more
- Turnover of USD 50,000 plus
- Open to raising external investment
Number of Awards: 80
Value of GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator Programme:
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, leveraging our proprietary process and learning methodology, we focus on solutions that leads to an increase in your revenue, profits and impact
- Bespoke in-company support: Get individualised and tailored in-company support from the most qualified team who will walk you through and support you in your business journey
- Access and fellowship with quality peers across Africa: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs across Africa
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Access to mentors and industry-subject experts: You will have access to Pan-African mentors/experts who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Financial modelling: Support to build a financial model for your business growth and investment
- Leadership: Acquire skills and tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
How to Apply for GrowthAfrica Startup Accelerator: To apply for the program, click here
Do you know a business that fits our criteria? recommend them to us via [email protected].
To prepare offline, download: