Kenya – The Green Enterprise Challenge (GEC) 2016 for Women and Young Entrepreneurs
Brief description: This is a platform for championing green sustainable jobs by women and youth entrepreneurs in Kenya, with a focus on selected value chains, through MSMEs business modeling in at least 6 selected counties. Nakuru was the pilot County.
Application Deadline: 19th August, 2016
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be taken at (country): Kenya
Who is qualified: The challenge is open to youth and women who have startup businesses not more than 3 year old. Their businesses must have a green element in it.
About the Award: The challenge is being run by Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) in collaboration with Tangaza University College.
MESPT is a champion of a Green Growth economy and in partnership with Danida has been implementing the Annual Green Growth Conference and exhibition in Kenya for the last 2 years. The award will be used to tackle the following problems:
- Youth unemployment
- Environmental pollution
- Little education
- Inadequate business skills
So apply if you have these Businesses/Ideas:
- Mobile & ICT Technologies
- Waste Management
- Renewable Energy
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Contest:
- Sponsorship into an entrepreneurship academy in their county.
- All finalists will get certificates.
- Winners will be awarded trophies.
- Overall national winners will be awarded a monetary grant of up to KES 1,000,000 to grow their businesses.
- Sponsorship opportunity to participate/ exhibit in the National Green Enterprise Challenge and the National Green Growth Conference & Exhibition in October 2016.
- Exposure to potential investors/ funders.
- Development of brands
- Media Coverage
- Six months post competition incubation to harness entrepreneurial skills.
How to Apply: Joining the Green Enterprise Challenge is absolutely Free!
Registration is on-going through your county MESPT office or you can forward your name to selected stakeholders in your county.
Contact [email protected] for any enquiries. Contact Person: Ann 0722 207 905/ 0735 333 154/ 0728 817 315
Award Provider: Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT)