Imperial College Research Fellowships for International Researchers 2019 – UK
The call for Imperial College Research Fellowships starting in 2019 is now open.
Application Deadline: 28th August 2018 at 23:59
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Imperial College London UK
About the Award: Imperial’s prestigious Imperial College Research Fellowships sustain the brightest and best early career researchers from across the world, providing a level of commitment and support that is rare from a UK university.
Imperial College Research Fellowships are intended for post-doctoral researchers of demonstrated ability, who are at the early stages of their research career and who have the potential to establish research independence. This opportunity is equivalent to the British Academy’s Postdoctoral Fellowship, Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship, EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship and Wellcome Trust Henry Wellcome fellowship schemes
Type: Fellowship, Postdoctoral
- There are no restrictions on nationality; however you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered
- Applicants should have a PhD and will normally have no more than four years postdoctoral research experience in an academic environment (calculated from the PhD viva to the application deadline). Exceptions to this can include discipline hopping, where there must still be less than four years post-doctoral research experience in the discipline of the proposed fellowship; career breaks and career changes, where time spent out of the academic research environment will not be counted in the four years
- In exceptional cases, applicants applying to the Faculty of Engineering and Imperial College Business School are permitted to apply before the submission of the PhD but any offer of funding will be dependent on the PhD being awarded before the start of the fellowship
- For applications to the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Medicine, a PhD must have been submitted before an application is made and the PhD must be awarded before the start of the fellowship
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- a competitive salary
- research and travel expenses of up to £45,000
- personal mentoring support from a senior Imperial academic
- focussed careers support, training courses, and development opportunities from the College’s Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre
- the chance to take full responsibility for setting and directing your own research agenda
This support gives you the freedom to focus on your research and career trajectory, with no obligatory teaching or administration.
Duration of Programme: 4 years
How to Apply:
- Candidates who are interested in applying for an Imperial College Research Fellowship must contact their proposed sponsor and proposed sponsor department as soon as possible, to discuss their intentions to apply.
- Applicants should complete and submit an online application form via the College’s careers website. The deadline for submission is 23:59 (GMT) Tuesday 28 August 2018