Halmstad University offers a number of scholarships to qualified students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland. These scholarships may be granted to students within any field of study at Halmstad University.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2023
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Non-EU/EEA countries
To be taken at (country): Sweden
Type: Masters Taught
Eligibility: The candidate should be a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) with the requirement of paying tuition fee.
- Tuition fee-paying students may be admitted in a separate selection group and the admission of these students are not limited by higher education funding from the Swedish government.
- Applicants placed in the selection group for tuition fee-paying students must have their tuition fee status established by the University before registration. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide documentation that establishes this status.
- Tuition fee-paying applicants who are admitted, and have their established status changed to fee-exempt students will, as new applicant, be placed in the fee-exempt selection group.
Number of Awardees: Limited
Value of Scholarship: The Halmstad University Scholarship covers 25% or 50% of the tuition fee and will be deducted from the tuition fee. The scholarship will not cover living costs and no grants for family members.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship will initially be granted for one semester, but will be automatically extended for the duration of the study program (2 or 4 semesters) provided that study results are satisfactory.
How to Apply:
- Apply for one of our Master’s programmes at University Admissions. Please pay the application fee to University Admissions.
- Only applicants who are qualified to our Master’s programmes and are eligible for Halmstad University scholarships will receive an email with a link to the online application form on March 8.
- Fill in the online scholarship application form. The deadline is March 15. Please note that you will need to provide us with the application number you will receive from University Admissions.
- The committee will award scholarships based on students academic merits (GPA but also ranking of the previous university and proficiency in English).
- Applicants with a Halmstad University programme as their first choice will have priority in the nomination.
- Halmstad University will notify the recipients of scholarships by email at beginning of April.
If you haven’t received a scholarship offer, you have unfortunately not been offered a scholarship. Applicants who are not offered a scholarship will not be notified individually.