ABE Scholarship in the Creative Arts for Nigeria, Kenya, Cote D’Ivoire and Tanzanian Students 2016
Brief description: AFDA (South Africa), one of Africa’s most prestigious institutions in the creative arts, is proud to announce that scholarship applications are now open for prospective Undergraduate and Postgraduate students from sub-Sahara Africa who wish to pursue a career in Film, Television or Live Performance.
Application Deadline: Friday 30th September 2016
Offered annually? No
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Cote D’Ivoire, Nigeria
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Eligible Field of Study: Courses in Film, Television or Live Performance.
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
1. Applicant must be a citizen and currently reside in one the following target group countries:
* Cote D’Ivoire
2. Candidates must meet the minimum requirements and have been accepted to AFDA for the 2017 academic year.
3. Discipline excellence: In order to be eligible for RPL or postgraduate studies, consideration will be given to previous tertiary/ post – school education and discipline relevant experience. Undergraduate applicants will be assessed on final school year results and any further discipline or industry relevant experience to motivate excellence.
4. Commitment & leadership potential: Candidates must demonstrate leadership skills and future commitment as ambassador to AFDA.
Number of Awardees: Limited
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year or 3 years
Value of Scholarship: The value of the scholarship is part or full value of 1 year or 3 consecutive years of the course’s tuition fees only from January 2017 – December 2019. All other expenses and incidentals like travel, visa processing, accommodation, living costs etc. are not included.
How to Apply:
1. Apply online for one of the following degrees:
* Bachelor of Arts in Motion Picture Medium (Undergraduate, RPL and Honours)
* Bachelor of Arts in Live Performance (Undergraduate, RPL and Honours) Link – www.afda.co.za/apply
2. Submit the following:
* Copy of AFDA Provisional Acceptance letter
* 2 Page Motivation Letter (no longer than 2 pages in A 4 Font Arial 10 or 12)
Elaborate on the following: What makes/has made you a good Leader? (where have you utilized leadership skills); What makes/has made you a good Ambassador? (where have you been a representative/speaker for a brand/ organization/ campaign at school or otherwise); What makes/has made you a good Mentor? (a mentor to fellow learners at your school or members in your community)
Provide a separate document regarding your need for tuition support.
Award Provider: AFDA