Apply Now: IDEA Foundation Seed Starter Stage Accelerator program 2016
Brief description: Applications are now open for the IDEA Foundation Seed Stage Accelerator Program. The program targets Strathmore University students or alumni venturing into entrepreneurship.
Application Deadline: 25th July, 2016
Offered annually? No
Eligible Countries: Students from Strathmore University, Kenya.
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: The program is a partnership between Strathmore University and IDEA Foundation to provide training, mentorship and coaching and seed funding to qualified applicants. The program targets Strathmore University students, staff or alumni venturing into entrepreneurship. Applicants for funds will be students or graduates of Strathmore. Most projects will be connected to the university and the Business Incubator where applicable.
- At least one person in the founding team must be a Strathmore student or alumni
- You must be part of a team that has well-balanced skill set.
- The team should demonstrate great synergy, commitment and competencies to make the business idea successful
- The business idea must be within the scope of Kenya’s vision 2030
- A working prototype of the product or service
- A defined market and market size estimation
- A scalable business model
- A business idea must be for-profit or self-sustaining
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Programme: Qualifying applicants will receive up to KES. 500,000 in seed funding, entrepreneurship training, business coaching and mentorship during the incubation program.
Duration of Programme: Not stated
How to Apply: To apply, click on the application link
Award Provider: IDEA, Strathmore University