TWAS – IACS PostDoctoral Science Fellowship for Developing Countries 2016
Brief description: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science and TWAS are offering fellowships for citizens of developing countries (other than India) to pursue postdoctoral research program.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries (other than India)
To be taken at (country): India
Eligible Field of Study: Theoretical physics; Condensed matter physics; Spectroscopy; Materials science; Non-conventional energy; Physical chemistry; Organic chemistry; Inorganic chemistry; Biological chemistry; Polymer science.
About the Award: For young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in certain fields of natural sciences at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) in Kolkata, India. Fields include: biological chemistry, condensed matter physics, inorganic chemistry, materials science, non-conventional energy, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, polymer science, spectroscopy and theoretical physics.
Type: Postdoc Fellowship
Eligibility: Candidates for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 40 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in physics, chemistry or biology;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than India) and hold a research assignment there;
- Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Dean-Academic by e-mail (twas-at-iacs.res.in), who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting the Dean-Academic, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a 1) a statement on Proposed Area of Research, 2) consent of a Supervisor at IACS (preferable), or (at least) names of 2-3 potential scientists who would be willing to supervise your research at IACS. Please refer to the IACS website for details on potential host supervisors;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: IACS will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Duration of Scholarship: A minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months
How to Apply: Visit Scholarship Webpage to apply
Award Provider: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat