Canon Collins and RMTF Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in Education in South Africa 2020
Canon Collins Trust opens Canon Collins Scholarships and invites applications from students from Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia) for scholarships for Masters study in 2020/2021.
Application Deadline: 10th August 2020
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Eswatini. Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia.
About the Award: Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2021, due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic and funding availability, the trust will only be supporting postgraduate studies within the area of Education for selected countries in southern Africa.
The research focus must relate to one of the following themes:
- Improving quality of education in southern Africa
- Access to education in southern Africa
Type: Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria : Applicants for all schemes will be assessed on the basis of the information that they supply on their application form in addition to the criteria outlined below:
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
- Demonstrated commitment
- Quality and relevance of work experience, including work reference, and other skills
- Financial Need and the potential to contribute to Southern Africa’s future prosperity
- Academic record and academic reference
- Relevance of proposed course
- Intended career path
- Likely future impact
- Completion of form:
- Demonstrate a high standard of English with no spelling and language errors
- Answer all of the questions fully and with attention to detail
- Provide all the necessary documentation and supporting documents.
Eligibility: In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
What are the benefits?
- We will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
- Applicants will automatically be considered for the Ros Moger Terry Furlong scholarship. Please see this page for more information about this named award.
How to Apply? We are now accepting applications. You can access the online application form through the link below.