Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs 2018
Applications are now open for the next intake of Fellows for LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
About the Award: The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents. The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
Eligibility: An ideal SIP fellow should be:
- Youth between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation,
located in Nigeria.
- Applicants who have been involved in operating their project/enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the commencement of the Fellowship.
Selection Criteria: In our review of applications, we will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied in their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Motivation for application: Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Award: LEAP will support successful applicants scale their social enterprise through:
- Provision of local and international opportunities: we support fellows with opportunities to get access to grants, trainings, workshops, organized by our partners both locally and internationally. Fellows have been able to access grants from international grant-giving organizations through their participation in the SIPA.
- Publicity for Fellows: During the course of the fellowship year, LEAP leverages its various online media platforms to showcase the innovative work done by fellows to the online community.
- Creating local partnerships for Fellows: LEAP provides the opportunity and recommendations for fellows to partner with organizations who will support with project implementation and support services.
How to Apply:
- All applicants must fill the application form and submit via this link on or before
11:59 PM, Tuesday 31st July 2018.
- Shortlisted applicant will be required to provide the following to make the final list:
- Valid Government issued identification.
- Evidence (photographs, videos, fliers, publications etc.) of past project implemented by the organization.
Award Provider: Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability & Professionalism (LEAP) Africa