Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2020/2021 for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Applications are now for the next intake of Fellows for LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme.
Application Deadline: 22nd August 2020
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
About the Award: The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents. The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
Eligibility: An ideal SIP fellow should be:
- Youth between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation,
located in Nigeria.
- Applicants who have been involved in operating their project/enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the commencement of the Fellowship.
Selection Criteria: In our review of applications, we will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied in their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Motivation for application: Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Award: LEAP will support successful applicants scale their social enterprise through:
- Provision of local and international opportunities: we support fellows with opportunities to get access to grants, trainings, workshops, organized by our partners both locally and internationally. Fellows have been able to access grants from international grant-giving organizations through their participation in the SIPA.
- Publicity for Fellows: During the course of the fellowship year, LEAP leverages its various online media platforms to showcase the innovative work done by fellows to the online community.
- Creating local partnerships for Fellows: LEAP provides the opportunity and recommendations for fellows to partner with organizations who will support with project implementation and support services.
How to Apply:
- All applicants must fill the application form
- Shortlisted applicant will be required to provide the following to make the final list:
- Valid Government issued identification.
- Evidence (photographs, videos, fliers, publications etc.) of past project implemented by the organization.