Department of Veterinary Animal and Clinical Sciences Fellowship in Denmark 2016
Application Deadline: 15th August 2016 for the academic session commencing on 1st October 2016
Offered annually? Not known
Eligible Countries: Global
To be taken at (country): Denmark
Brief description: The Department of Veterinary Animal and Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at University of Copenhagen is offering two PhD Fellowships. The positions are limited to three years.
Eligible Field of Study: Basic Biology, Nutrition, Veterinary Medicine, Human Medicine
About the Award: The fellowship will include research activities focused on the interplay between diet, microbiota and gut, immunity and brain in early life. The projects include work in preterm pigs that show many clinical similarities to preterm human infants. The activities aim to improve early gut, immunity and brain functions with relevant milk and microbiota interventions in early life. Depending on the candidate´s educational and training background, the project will include work with pigs and/or human infants at associated hospitals. Laboratory analyses are a part of the PhD projects but will be supported by internal and external partners.
- The grade point average achieved in relevant University degrees
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
- Previous publications (if any)
- Relevant work experience
- Other professional activities
- Language skills, including English
The successful candidate is also required to be resourceful and to possess good interpersonal skills.
- MD or DVM
- Prior experience in clinical work and/or translational research with laboratory animals
- Knowledge in neonatology, paediatrics
- High motivation and basic scientific skills are essential
- Good communication skills both oral and written, including English usage
- Good collaborating skills are essential
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 25.579 DKK (equivalent to USD3,842.95) plus pension.
Duration of Fellowship: The fellowship is for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master´s degree.
How to Apply:
- Cover letter detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project
- Diploma and detailed transcripts of records
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any), peer reviewed and other
- Personal recommendations (if any)
- A maximum of 3 relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment
Award Provider: Department of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences, University of Copenhagen
Important Notes: The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background. It is a prerequisite that the PhD candidate is enrolled as PhD student at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, according to the rules stipulated in “Bekendtgørelse nr. 18 af 14. januar 2008 om ph.d.-graden.“