Henry Dale International Fellowship 2019 for Post-Doctoral Scientists – UK
Applications are on for outstanding post-doctoral scientists wishing to build their own UK-based, independent research career addressing an important biomedical question.
- Preliminary application deadline: 6th August 2019
- Full application deadline: 17th October 2019
- a non-EEA national who either has a relevant degree from a UK university, or has worked in the UK for at least a continuous three-year period
- an exceptional biomedical scientist, who does not fall within the categories above, whose recruitment to the host organisation would be advantageous to both the applicant and the organisation.
To be taken at (country): United Kingdom
Eligible Field of Study: Candidate is expected to have relevant scientific or mathematical qualifications and, at the final decision point (i.e. at interview), be no more than seven years from the date of their PhD viva.
About the Award: The scheme supports research ranging from the molecules and cells vital to life and their role in the global spread of disease, to clinical and public health research seeking to improve the quality of healthcare. It can be based in the laboratory, clinic or field, and may involve experimental or theoretical approaches. It brings together the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust, two of the world’s most prestigious and influential scientific organisations, in their shared commitment to supporting the future leaders of biomedical research.
Type: Post-Doctoral, Fellowship
Eligibility: You can apply for this scheme if you:
- have a PhD and significant postdoctoral research experience
- have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy
- have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organisation in the UK (applicants who want to be based in the Republic of Ireland should apply for a Research Career Development Fellowship instead)
- are conducting research within the biomedical sciences and are aligned to the remit of one of the review panels
This scheme is not open to individuals who wish to combine research with a continuing clinical career in medicine, psychology, dentistry or veterinary practice.
If you have held or are currently completing a nationally competitive fellowship at the same level as this fellowship then you are not eligible to apply for this scheme. If you are currently applying for another Wellcome Trust fellowship or a Royal Society University Research Fellowship you are also unable to apply.
Resubmissions are not normally allowed. If a previous full application has been unsuccessful, please contact the Wellcome Trust for advice.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The scheme covers:
- a basic salary for the Fellow, as determined by the host organisation
- Wellcome Trust fellowship supplement of £7,500 per annum for your personal support
- research expenses, normally including research post (postdoctoral research assistant or technician)
Duration of Fellowship: Five (5) years, with the potential to apply for renewal for an additional three (3) years.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Important Notes: Fellowships may be taken up on a part-time employment basis, where appropriate. Only the funds provided by the Royal Society may be used towards indirect and estate costs.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them