British High Commission Foreign and Commonwealth Office Paid Internship Programme for Young Nigerians 2018
The British Government through the British High Commission in Nigeria, is offering 2 paid internship positions to young Nigerians for a period of 6 months. Apply below.
Application Deadline: 14th July 2018
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To Be Taken At (Country): Abuja, Nigeria
About the Award: The main purpose of this role is to assist the IT support Officers in ensuring the smooth running of IT services across Nigeria British High Commission, and its state offices. The jobholder will perform IT Support Officer (ITSO) duties for staff. The intern will be joining a very busy IT section that provides support to not only Abuja but a number of state offices.
This is a particularly busy period for the section with a number of software and hardware deployments ongoing. The successful applicant will therefore need to demonstrate strong IT skills, balancing and prioritising the workload; have excellent communications skills and very good attention to detail.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Assist in pre-deployment tasks for new IT equipment
- Setting up of training sessions
- Responding to user requests sent to IT inbox
- Providing logistics support to deployment team
- Perform an inventory of IT assets
- Assist in post deployment exercises- (floor walking, logging calls and incidents)
- Assist in disposal of redundant IT Equipment
- Provide all other IT Support to users
- Previous experience in using Windows 10 , Microsoft Office 2016, Basic LAN/WAN configuration, Office 365, Internet and Intranet, IP Telephony and IT Helpdesk Support
- ITIL certification
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: N136,722
Duration of Programme: 6 months starting 15th August 2018
How to Apply:
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
Award Providers: British High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It
Top 10 High Paying IT Certifications for 2020