Fulbright African Research Scholar Program (ARSP) 2019 for African Researchers
The Fulbright African Research Scholar Program (ARSP) 2019 is offering grants to researchers from African countries.
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2019
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: Two categories of grants are offered in the ARSP: research grants and program and curriculum development grants.
Research Grants: Awards of 3 to 9 months are offered for selected university faculty professionals to conduct research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Preference will be given to individuals with a doctorate degree, at least three years of university teaching experience, a productive scholarly record, and whose projects relate directly to their ongoing teaching and/or research responsibilities.
Program and Curriculum Development Grants: Awards of 3 to 5 months are offered for qualified university faculty to conduct research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. Proposals should be linked to professional duties and demonstrate how the scholar will use the knowledge gained to develop new courses, curricula, or programs at the home institution.
HIV/AIDS: includes a special set of grants for scholars with proposals in HIV/AIDS-related research. Scholars in all academic disciplines are invited to formulate proposals with an HIV/AIDS focus. Candidates may apply either as research scholars or as program and curriculum development scholars.
- An intended applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria or a permanent resident, and should hold a valid passport issued from the country in which the application is made.
- In addition, applicants must have at least three (3) years of post-doctoral degree training or teaching experience at the time of application.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Grants: Fully-funded
Grants are not for the principal purpose of:
- Attending conferences
- Completing doctoral dissertations
- Travel and consultation at multiple institutions, or
- Clinical medical research involving patient contact
How to Apply: The application is accessible here.
Application instructions are available here.